To advance the right of every person to live in a socially, economically, and environmentally healthy community.
- Advocate with those who have a limited voice in public life
- Build structures for inclusion that engage stakeholders and allow communities to make decisions
- Promote social equality through discourse that reflects a range of values and social identities
- Generate ideas that grow from place and build local capacity
- Design to help conserve resources and minimize waste
Based on a survey of 200 founding SEED members, the mission and principles are defined to further social, economic, and environmental justice through all the design fields: architecture, industrial design, communication design, landscape architecture, and urban planning.